This too shall pass...(soon I hope)

By | 2:23 PM Leave a Comment
Let me just say..the road to getting pregnant was a bit tough (many of you know our journey here) and now this pregnancy has been..well, tough. All around tough, mentally, physically especially...hard on me, hard on Chris..hard on our lil doggie as I have zero time or energy for him most days.

Since week six I have had terrible nausea and vomiting along with difficulty swallowing and digesting. For the nausea and vomiting I was prescribed three different medications over the course of about 9 days before we figured out that one finally worked, Zofran. For the most part this little yellow pill works awesome. Now, I, like a lot of other pregnant women am hesitant about taking medications and wondering how it will affect the baby and all...but this was proven safe and it works so, bottoms up.

It really does help with the nausea and most of the vomiting..however..with the increased difficulty in swallowing and digesting my food, I do, daily now get sick. I cant keep much down that isnt mush and I know I just can't be getting in the calories I need. I am getting sick of mashed potatoes, refried beans, cream of wheat and cream-of-whatever soups. Eating is no longer enjoyable for me and I even cringe and tear up at the thought of eating. For example, this morning I attempted to eat a cup and a quarter of honey nut cheerios and milk..even letting them get soggy. After eating, I could feel it just sitting in my throat/chest..four hours later I felt some of it finally go down. Four hours to completely swallow and let a cup and a quarter of cereal go down...beyond frustrating.

I dont know many women who have had this "symptom" during pregnancy and for my doctors to just write it off as such is hard for me. I worry about being well nourished and not wanting to lose any more weight, but deep down I know there isnt anything they can do..I do just have to wait this out and hope 2nd trimester brings some relief. A woman I met online on these message boards recommended a cook book for dysphagia (a condition that literally translates into 'difficulty swallowing'), not that I have been diagnosed with this, its just that its filled with recipes for soft things I can eat like scalloped potatoes, mango puree, smoothies and soups and more.

I really want to try to get it off Amazon.com and I pray I get some relief. If Baby Avila is good and healthy then I can suffer through this, no matter how down I can get...I just want a healthy little one. God grant me health and healing and protect my child..I have my second prenatal appointment next Tuesday and we get to hear the heart beat again..that will bring me some comfort! I know, "this too shall pass"..but in the mean time...could you pass the apple sauce? I would greatly appreciate any prayers at this point..for me, my husband as he deals with a moody frustrated HUNGRY wife..and for our baby..that s/he is getting all it needs from mama and is healthy as ever! Thank you!
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: