For Chris.

By | 3:58 PM 1 comment



"Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart. I am so pleased that you have continued on in this with us, believing and proclaiming God's Message, from the day you heard it right up to the present. There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears."-Philippians 1:3-6 (the message)

again the same verse in a different translation..

"I thank my God every time I remember you."-Phil 1:3 (NIV)


I love my husband...

Reasons I love this man:

He loves God with all his heart, and me second. And he loved me enough to ask if we'd share life together forever. And on 2.23.08 he said "I do". He has a heart for others.
He has a heart for me. He has a heart that's after God's.

He loves kids. He loves sports (the same teams!). Always compliments my cooking.
He prays with and for me every night before bed, and if I have already fallen asleep, he prays for me while I sleep. He doesn't let me be weak or feel sorry for myself. He works hard for us. He has great faith. He was there to kneel with me before God when we were faced with infertility.

He prayed over my belly before we were pregnant. He prayed over our baby while we were pregnant.

He had the faith I couldn't sometimes.

He read all his daddy-to-be books right away..and researched doulas and midwives :)
He bought me popsicles and cucumbers when the nausea wouldn't let me eat much else.
He danced along to the "flash mob" commercial to cheer me up. And tried to bust through the door when I was throwing up, just to "be there" for me!

He came to every dr's appt. He filmed our baby's hearbeat..he praised God in the good, and in the bad.

He kept our faith even after the dr's told us our baby was gone..He let himself cry & grieve..and still stayed strong for me. He praised my strength, and asked how I did it? He is so unaware, of the pillar he is for me.

He stood by me and opened up, rather than shut down and turn around. He prayed over and dedicated our baby beside me, to Jesus. He stayed. He stayed.
He stayed by me.

He smiles and melts every part of me. He prays and I feel God so strong. He serves me. He loves me. He leads me.

He leads me.

I love him. I respect him.
Right now.
I honor Him.




He is the best thing that has ever happened to me (besides Jesus of course)...I cannot imagine my life without Chris. I just can't...I would have no idea how to be without him. Through out all that has gone on these last few weeks..and how up and down this has all been..He is..amazing. Stronger than he thinks, thats for sure. It's amazing, how he underestimates his ability in times like these...I know he isnt aware of the man he is sometimes, but I do.

I love his humility. I think..yea, that was one of the things that first attracted me to him. In a crowd of people or just a few, he just has this presence. He is funny, smart, clever, engaging, and did I mention funny? The guy is hilarious. Ask anyone. And yet..with such a personality and gifts, he remains so humble about himself. Seriously? Do you know who you are? And yea, he does.

He is so clear in his convictions and truths. He is so grounded in God and committed in and to his faith..he encourages me every day. Without even saying a word..he can do that to me.

I guess I just wanted to take a second to just recognize him.You see, with the loss of our first baby..the procedure and the bumps along the way since then, a lot of the focus has been on me. And while I appreciate the love, support, encouragement and prayers...and I know concern is always foremost placed on the woman, as it is she who is physically affected by this. My only concern is him. All I could think about was him. I prayed for him every night and throughout the day, when I cried, some tears were reserved for him..God please heal my husband too. He himself put so much into making sure I was okay, comfortable and taken care of, before having any concern for himself, he thought of me. That's just the kind of guy he is. 6'1 and a huge heart to match. He is so great.

I thank those who took the time to message, txt or call Chris..just for Chris. Because in one way or another, it is also very much about him. My love..my sweet, loving husband. I never, ever, ever want to see him hurt. If I could spare him from any pain I would. If I had the power to remove any pain from his life I would. I would do anything for this man, and I know he'd do the same for me.

You see, before I even thought about marriage or anything like that, I did pray. I prayed that God would hand pick the man He would have for me. Please God let him be cute :) Latino, love kids and all my favorite sports teams (I could not marry a Dodger fan, no offense, its just the "Giants" in me) ;) Let him dance well, cook semi-good and have a smile that shoots straight through me. And above all, let him love you. Let him love you, so that he knows how to love me...

Not only did I get the man of my "dreams", I got the man I prayed for. God went above and beyond anything I could have even thought to pray for. Not only did he give me what I wanted..in ways I didn't even know, he gave me exactly the man I needed. In every way I need him. I can trust him. I can fall back on him. I can be lead by him. And he is, the most wonderful husband. I am too blessed..I dont know what I ever did to deserve Chris. And when I think of him-I smile. And I thank God.

I love you Chris. With everything that I am. And I thank you for being who you are. I dont even think that even you know all that you have done for me or all the goodness you possess, but today. In this small way, I recognize you. I honor you babe..I thank you from the bottom of my heart..for who you are. You are my life partner, my lead, my best friend, my heart. I love you. I love you.

I love you...


Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comment: