Stylin' ;)

By | 9:59 PM 1 comment
Today was the Oakland A's Faith Day...and of course, I planned to dress the part ;)  The only problem was..my only A's shirt was a long sleeve. Not gonna work. So! I found a tutorial on Pinterest (I am OBsessed with this site!)...anyway..a tutorial on pintrest showed me how to transfor a large t-shirt into a cute baby doll top..:ahem: allow me:



the shirt before


cut the sleeves and collar all on the other side of the seam. also,
cut the hem on the bottom and then one more strip off the bottom for the straps. (you will only need the body of the shirt & the strip you cut above the hem, the rest is scrap)


I fold the top part over in the front and back, leaving space to slip the "strap" through and sew along the
 "collar" about an inch down.



now, I don't have a sewing machine..if I did I would have sewn it with that like the tutorial shows.
But! I only had 20 minutes and thread & needle I.. know, its NOT the prettiest but its all I had :)

After :)  I slipped the strap through the front and back and tied it on my right shoulder.
Ready! :)

It was SO hot today...thank God I had this to wear..and I got compliments all day! :) Phew!
Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comment: