Fall is here!

By | 11:11 AM 1 comment
When I was a kid, no season beat summer. Winter was a close contender what with winter break, christmas and new years...but summer..summer was the "off" season for kids. Now, as an adult, summer gives way to better weather but certainly no more "summer vacation" from the reall "work" (school). I find that the older I get, the more I appreaciate each season for what it has to offer...and with today being the first official day of fall, I cant help but day dream of the comforts the cool autumn weather brings...and everything else!


for so many reasons......


chunky sweaters....BOOTS...hot apple/pear cider...snuggling...staying in when it rains...the smokey smell of fireplaces in the air...making tamales...atole...pernine..."greige" nails...SCARVES...hoodies...smell of the cement after it's rained...color of the leaves...cinnamon in the air at every store...COZY blankets...candles...TURKEY...grandma's stuffing...early christmas shopping...families coming together...pumpkin cookies...pumpkin seeds...wearing hats all the time is cute again...the post season...using the crock pot more often...menudo...plush socks...crisp fall air...hearing grandma "gobble" on the phone as her "hello" LOL...shopping with mom (we do this more in the fall..not sure why)...crafts...did I mention snuggling? :)



Aside from the ramblings in my mind about fall...here are a few more things I think are perfect for this time of year:


STYLE:

1. Boots, especially the faux riding boot..a must have to wear with skinnies, jeans, tights, skirts & dressses...here are some classic ways to sport these:







2. scarves, scarves, scarves...need I say more? Here is a tutorial for different ways to tie a scarf!


3. opaque tights...clearly so fall :)



4. There's nothing I hate more that fussing with my purse in the wind and rain..having it slip off my shoulder with because of my coat, trying to keep it covered during the rain, worrying about juggling the umbrella and hot cider AND my purse. No thanks...ladies, meet: the messenger bag :)




CRAFTS:


Here are some awesome crafts I can't wait to try for the fall!!

1. The wreath :)


Here is a tutorial on how make these beautiful fall wreaths (although for the wreath circle itself you could just use foam tubing, you can find it at OSH, Home Depot etc) Totally adroable! I'm so making one for our door!

2. A centerpiece...

this one is as simple as buying a glas vase and hot gluing the twigs to it...you can also tie twine around for a bow to add texture...love the contrast in colors!


3. Pretty felt leaf garland..



4. So many more I can't keep track! Here are links to more fall crafts:

     -101 Festive Fall Tutorials
     -Fall Frenzy from craft-a-holics :)



2. For the kiddoes... (and 50 fun fall activities for kids! )

crafts! c'mon...how cute are these?! :)



bake cookies with kids...it will ALWAYS be something they want to do...something you can do together...
Here is the recipe: Pumpkin cookies with caramel frosting





Happy Autumn!!



Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comment:

  1. I think perhaps a year in new england would change your tune about winter and fall lol. It definitely made a warm weather lover out of me.

    ReplyDelete