peach-blueberry crisp

By | 10:38 PM Leave a Comment

Let me start this by saying: I do not bake. I repeat: I do not bake. Unless it comes pre-cut, measured and just add water, I usually don't even bother. And for good reason.

But today was different. Today we had purchased some amazing, locally grown peaches and blueberries and the combination had me thinking of a recipe I had found once via Pinterest (of course.) It was about 10 minutes of prep and 45 minutes of bake time and took about 20 minutes for it to be demolished because it was that darn good.

The inspiration came from this recipe, but I tweaked it a little:

Ingredients:
-3 large peaches, peeled and chopped
-1 1/2-2 cups blueberries
-3/4 cups flour + 2 tablespoons
-1/4 cup oats
-2 tablespoons brown sugar
-3/4 cup sugar
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp cinnamon
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 egg
-1/2 cup COLD butter (cold is important!)
-1 tsp lemon juice (optional, if your fruit is super ripe, add in when mixing fruit. If theres some tart to the berries, omit if you like)

Directions:
1. Peel (I used a potato peeler) all the peaches and chop into small chunks. Place peaches, bluerries, 2 table spoons of flour and the 2 table spoons of brown sugar in a bowl. Toss to coat and fill pie plate/baking dish.
2) Place the rest of the dry ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse to mix. Add in 1 beaten egg and all of the cold butter (easier to chop up the butter then place in) and pulse til crumbled. (for some reason, in my case it started to all cream so if yours does this have no fear! it still works and tastes awesome!)
3) Spread/sprinkle/glob the mixure on top. Pretty doesn't matter here just cover as much of the fruit as you can. Place into a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Placing a cookie sheet or foil on the rack below can help catch any bubbling over the fruit juices might cause.

We meant to serve ours warm with vanilla ice cream but by the time we cut in, at about two plates each and sat back satisfied we had totally forgotten to add the ice cream!

I promise you, if I can do this one--so can you. And the best part? Any soft stone fruit and berry can make this dessert to die for.

Enjoy!!



Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: