...and then there were three...

By | 2:57 PM 2 comments
Caught off guard. Taken by surprise. Shocked.

These are all the things I felt when I discovered I was infact pregnant in early June...I usually like to make a long story longer :) But for privacy's sake I will make this one short....

After going through two losses last year, Chris and I decided to take a break from trying for another baby..for personal reasons we felt this was just the right decision. As bittersweet as it was to make that decision. To be so close to becoming parents and then it all going away...it was not the easiest-but we committed our plans to God. I surrendered...struggled a little..and then God took over. We had peace and knew the Lord was with us..

In the meantime I met with doctors, got a new eating plan (paleo diet), was put on certain suppliments and taken off certain other medications..my body was being encouraged to correct itself with the help of these things. I cannot begin to describe the transformation my body had made it was awesome...to go from 6 migraines a month to none was immeasurable and other things that started to fall in line which also affected fertility-the proof was in the pudding-or rather in the paleo :)

Now more than ever, I truly believe that God know's my own heart even better than I do. He see's those deep desires and my strong will and softens my spirit. He know's me like no other. His blessings and rebukes speak to exactly what I need. So on that afternoon of July 7th when I realized Chris and I were expecting-expecting a baby...pregnant......I was shocked. At this point we had not been trying for a baby but trying to naturally keep our plan a float...but it seemed God had other plans.

After early doctors appointments, first trimester screenings and ultrasounds...nervous moments and months of being really, really sick, hearing our baby's heartbeat and waiting a little... it's now time to share the wonderful news! Our little family is growing as we take in each breath. With ever beat my heart takes, my child is alive and well and I am so humbled and grateful. My heart is so happy

 A friend of ours told us, "God searched the whole world and knew that you were the perfect couple to raise this child for such a time as this." and you know what...more and more I believe that very statement. God is so faithful. He has such perfect plans and timing even beyond what we can comprehend. So....I'm just going to receive it! We are blessed beyond words...elated and excited. Thank you to those of you who have been praying for us for so long and continue to keep us lifted...we know prayer works and we feel them!! We love you all....and we are so, so grateful..Blessings!






Can't wait to meet our little love bug!

xo
Kris







Newer Post Older Post Home

2 comments:

  1. Kristina,
    I don't know you, but I worked with Chris back at CEC, and I've been reading your blog (when Chris posted the URL on his facebook page. This is indeed wonderful news! In my "young" 34 years, my husband and I have experienced the loss of our first baby at 24 weeks (stillbirth), our second baby at 9wks (miscarriage), the miracle of our third baby born healthy at 36 weeks, and then the stillbirth of our third daughter at 24 weeks last year. All of this has made me realize what a blessing it is to have a child, and what a miracle it is to be able to carry that baby for 8-9 months. I wish nothing but the best for you in your pregnancy, please know that I will be praying for you and cheering you on! (please post your updates as you are able). Sincerely, Rosalinda.

    ReplyDelete